Bug - Fixed "m" and "k" abbreviations no longer work in the store manager

Atheist Nutter

Scenario:
- Put an item into your mall store.
- Using the mall store manager, try to set the price to "1m".

Results:
- Price field is outlined in red and you cannot hit "save prices".

Expected results:
- Price is expanded to "1,000,000" when you click out of the field.

This definitely worked in r11208 and is broken in r11209.

slyz

Developer
I don't have time to fix this, but the store manager should use StringUtilities.parseInt() to parse the prices entered by the user.

Catch-22

I had no idea that feature use to exist.

It has been around for a long while and it's particularly useful to prevent yourself from accidentally mispricing an expensive item by leaving off a zero. Back when I was buying/selling Mr. Accessories I always used this for pricing them at 5m instead of 500000 (during my KoL hiatus Mr. Accessories apparently doubled in price).

roippi

Developer
I probably won't look at it tonight if you want to go ahead and take a gander. There is already one custom editor installed (for Booleans and JButtons), but it's not actually used for editing. You'll see. :)

Catch-22

roippi said:
PHP:
// Look at this nonsense
Point p = new Point( rect.x, rect.y );
// I hate you Swing
SwingUtilities.convertPointToScreen( p, table );
// I mean seriously, WTF
lol, sounds like you had fun with this one.

I had a quick look. Wouldn't it be easier for you to set the column class for "Price" to string and just parse the input?

roippi

Developer
lol, sounds like you had fun with this one.

Heh. Yup. I spent waaaay too much friggin' time getting that little popup to work. I think it turned out pretty cool though. (try setting a limit if you don't know what I'm talking about)

I had a quick look. Wouldn't it be easier for you to set the column class for "Price" to string and just parse the input?

No, because then the table sorter sorts them as strings instead of integers, so you get [9, 90, 900, 8, 100] instead of [900, 100, 90, 9, 8].

Had a couple minutes this morning. r11211

Atheist Nutter

Thanks. I use this feature often for exactly the above purpose (making sure not to leave a zero off the end of the price of a valuable item).